Saturday, June 23, 2007

Harrison Simonton

So I wake up this morning, and I find a text message on my phone from Kandice....

I open it to find that one of my friends that I graduated high school with, Harrison Simonton, died last night. I heard at first that it was a suicide, but I'm not sure now.

I honestly don't even know what to say right now.

I have known Harrison since at least the third grade. We used to be close in elementary school and middle school, but grew apart a little as we went into high school. We always would race each other, because we were the fastest kids in class.

I saw him the other day when I was driving around Brighton. He pulled into someone's house near me, and I thought about going over to talk to him, but I guess I thought I was too busy, so I just kept driving......wow.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harrison Simonton, one of my best friends. I wish i didn't move to utah, just so i could be there for his family. Harry did not commit suicide. He was soon to be on a hunting trip that him and his dad were looking forward to for a long time. I love Harry, he's so important to me. A wonderful football player, and he always had a special light in his eyes. When he was in his room, he was cleaning one of his guns that was fairly old. this type of gun had no safety on it. it fired while he was cleaning it. please, everyone that knew this guy, you don't know him enough, he was and is one of the most valiant knights i know. i have almost completly lost that valiance and honor and hope to get it back, stronger and better, and more valient than the whole world has ever seen! I love you harry, miss you, God be with you til' We meet again.

Nephi Fife

keana said...

I am one of Harrisons cousins.My name is Arianna.Harrison and I wernt that close but I knew he was a great person.He and my brother,Cody, were close and grew up together.When cody found out he cried.When I found out I could not even relate to what other people were going through.All I did was freeze when i found out.When i went to the funeral the line for non-family members was like a mile long.I love you Harrison hope i see u again someday.