Thursday, June 28, 2007

Nature Sucks

Today I went on the worst field trip of all time.

We were going to go to an art studio and a nature center, which still sounds gay, but it was cancelled on short notice by the art studio and nature center. So we ended up not going there, although it would have been better than "hanging in Shelby Forest" at the end of June. It's 90 something freakin degrees, I forgot to get the water coolers, and I have a group of 8 complaining 4th and 5th graders. They decided that it would be funner if we found a nature trail and went on that. I agreed, and we began walking in search of a nature trail.

We kept walking....

....and walking....

....and walking....

....until we realized that the dead end we had reached on this road signified that we wouldn't find a stupid nature trail. There were mile markers on the road that we were walking on, so I was aware that we had just walked about two and a half miles in the blazing heat to find a locked building and nobody in sight....

....so we turned around and walked back. We walked in all about five miles. I'll repeat...it was 94 degress today with a heat index about 100....We had one bottle of lukewarm water. HOWEVER, I did have 8 musty, sweaty, whiny 10 year olds who were swearing that they were going to die from heat exhaustion.

Gotta love my job.....:-/

No comments: