Friday, August 17, 2007

Second Day of Classes

Yesterday, I went to my second day of classes. I didn't have a class until 11, so that was definitely a plus.

Social Issues: Perspectives in Geography 2105 was the name of my first class. It's basically a giant name for Geography.

It was kinda cool/pretty boring. I guess the only cool thing about it was the classroom setting. It was in one of those auditoriums that you see in the movies. We only had about 110 people in there, so it wasn't a giant theater, but it wasn't a little high school room. The professor teaches from this giant open area in the floor, and we sit in these big comfortable chairs with itty bitty desks attached to them. Her desk is about 100 feet away, and the projection screen that she teaches off of is about as big as a movie theater screen. So, that's kinda cool. The class though....boring.

She just talked and talked and talked. I dozed off and dozed off and dozed off.

The coolest thing about this class: It's a 10 week class. That means it will be over in early November. So after the first week of November, I won't have to wake up until close to noon.

My second class was English Composition 1101. We were in a small computer lab. The same people that were in my KSU 1101 class were in this class. It's going to be a lot of writing. A LOT.

Then I had about an hour and a half break between classes. I went back to my room, got some food, and watched the Cubs game. I had to leave at about 3:15 in order to get to my last class.

My last class was Social Issues:Perspectives in Anthropology 2105. Long name for Anthropology, which by the way, is the study of people. I like that. There is about 75 people in this class. The class is really looonnng.......like from the front to the back. There's only about 5 rows of desks, but there's about 20 desks in each row. It sounds interesting, but yesterday was crazy boring. I just drew pictures on my syllabus, like the Chicago Cubs logo, and T-I-G-E-R-S...TIGERS!....haha.

That is also a ten week class that ends with an exam on November 1st. Guess what? The exam is OPTIONAL. I don't have to take it. Cool, huh?

So after November 1st, I will only have one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays!! Freaking sweet!

Well, Cubs game is on. Time to go watch them whoop up on the St. Louis Cardinals and catch the Brewers in the NL Central.

GO CUBS!

No comments: