Sunday, July 1, 2007

Tardiness, Skillet, and A Rooftop

Last night, Josh, David, and I headed downtown for some free concerts and fireworks. We almost didn't make it though.

If you have ever hung out with Josh Teal more than once, I guarantee you he was late to one of your "hang outs". Well, Josh was supposed to be at my mom's house at 3:20. That way, we could leave and get David, and be downtown in plenty of time to see Ingram Hill, who started at 4:40. Josh calls me at 3:25, and he hasn't even left his house yet. So I said that's cool, I'll just go get David and you can meet us at Los Reyes, which I had to explain to him how to get to Los Reyes. David and I roll up to Los Reyes at about 3:45.We were just listening to music and hanging out, waiting on Josh. Do you know what time Josh's dad pulled up?

4:20...and his excuse? "Man, I was ready and I came downstairs and was like Dad, let's go, and then he was like Hold on, and he just started painting.""Then my aunt came over all of a sudden and my dad stood there and talked to her forever and I just sat there."

Well, at least we made it for most of Ingram Hill. However, we did make it for all of Skillet. We were also in arm's reach of the stage when Skillet came out. They were probably the most pumped up band I have ever seen in concert. The energy was crazy when they came out and started playing. If you haven't seen them before, I highly recommend them!

After Skillet, we met up with Chris Vaughn...and some random girl named Lucy...., and headed to Jillian's to get something to eat. Afterwards, we went to the Peabody to get on the rooftop and watch the hugh fireworks show. It was awesome from on top of the Peabody.

To end this, I want to apologize to Karlie Woodard. I asked her to come to church with me today, and my alarm didn't wake me up. So here I am, writing a blog, and she's at church by herself. I'm very sorry Karlie! :-)

No comments: