Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Sports World

Out of all my blogs that I have wrote, I surprisingly haven't written a blog about sports yet...

....until today.

Many interesting things are occurring in the sports world:

1. Barry Bonds's chase for the record. Most people hate him, but I kinda like him. I think people need to give him a break. Don't hate Bonds because his steroids worked better than everyone else's. Why don't people boo Jason Giambi and Sammy Sosa at every chance? I do wish he would hurry up and break the stupid record.

2.The NL Central Race. Through the first two months of the baseball season, the Cubs were TERRIBLE. Now, they are within a game of first place. The feel good Milwaukee Brewers are falling fast, and my boys at the Friendly Confines need to take advantage fast.

3.Kevin Garnett was traded today. It was a big deal in two different ways: People never stay at their teams these days. They move from team to team looking for quick success. Garnett had been with Minnesota all 12 years of his career until today. Also, the Celtics are now a threat in the incredibly terrible Eastern Conference. Do I think they could win a title this year? No. They have the big three (Pierce, Allen, and Garnett), but after these three, they have NOBODY. The Pistons and the Heat are way too deep for the Celtics to be able to hang with them.

4.Freddy Adu, midfielder for Real Salt Lake of the MLS, was transferred to Benfica, a club in Portugal. Now, I know this isn't a big deal to anybody else, but Freddy Adu is the face of U.S. Soccer for years to come. Hopefully now that he has transferred to the Portuguese SuperLiga, he will continue to grow in skill and be productive for the U.S. National team.

5.Two other milestones could possibly be broken tonight. A-Rod could enter the 500 Home Run Club tonight. I really like A-Rod, and he will be the fastest person to 500 HR, so I really hope he keeps hitting them. That way, he can eventually surpass Bonds, because A-Rod isn't surrounded with controversy like Bonds. The other milestone is Tom Glavine winning his 300th game. I hope he does it tonight, because he is pitching against the Brewers, and I hate the Brewers. Go Cubs!

6.The EPL(English Premier League) is soon to start up. This is the most exciting league in sports in the entire world. I can't freaking wait.

7.I just realized that Kennesaw State University, the school I am going to, doesn't have a football team. They also don't have a soccer team, but I have been aware of that. I think I may try to start a soccer team. Not a football team though.

Wow...that was a long blog.

Twins are awesome

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hold on bro.....dont underestimate the Big Ticket Baby!!